We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- any other information that you choose to send to us
The information referred to above includes:
- Your name
- your address
- your e-mail address (this is optional. By giving us your e-mail address you are agreeing to be communicated to in this way by us. This allows us to give you information about special offers etc promptly)
- your telephone number (we will only telephone if we are unable to contact you by e-mail or if we have an urgent query on your account)
The information you supply us with is only used to process payments for goods you have ordered from us. We will never share your personal information with any third parties.
NB: We do not store your card payment details – these are destroyed once we have set you up as a recurring payment
(2) Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
· administer the website
· enable your use of the services available on the website;]
· send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website
· send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
· send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
· send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
· deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
We will never provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
[(d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.]
(4) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store the personal information you provide securely. We do not store your financial information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
[You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.]
(5) Policy amendments
(6) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
(7) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
(9) Data controller
The data controller responsible for our website is Nethergong Nurseries
Employment Law Contracts and Website Law